Most modules / functionalities presented below are found in each of the KeySoft TMS modules.
Some features may be absent, or more features can be present, in special cases.
- Since the interface for KeySoft SFA module is developed for a mobile device (Pocket PC) the set of common features is limited;
- KeySoft DMS. Document management functions included in modules significantly expand if you also purchase the KeySoft DMS module.
In most cases, there are some useful informations in paper documents made by a company that can not be recorded in software applications. For example, a contract includes chapters on confidence. Given that the documents are not managed in electronic format, checking information, or any other operations that require physical document view are cumbersome and time consuming (portfolio identification, document search, etc.).
To solve this problem, Keysoft TMS offers a way of attaching images to various classes of physical documents in the application information (companies, contacts, invoices, orders, etc.). In the example above, the contract can be scanned and attached to the contracts dedicated module.
Physical document retrieval and visualization can be done through a single click. Thus, it offers the user the ability to have quick and easy access to all associated documentation.
Here are only a few possible uses:
- Back-up documents – safety backup;
- Contract management – it is always useful to be able to see how the contract negotiations have been conducted;
- Development of complex documents – there is a single document to be accessed and edited by several people;
By acquiring KeySoft DMS – Repository module you will benefit from many other features:
- Changes history can be traced – who, what, when has modified document;
- You can see intermediate versions;
- You can define the physical locations of documents;
- The KeySoft DMS – Repository module benefits from an extended search mode (can define searches using logical operators).
Besides documents, the KeySoft TMS user can attach NOTES – brief remarks on that module (company, contacts, tasks, etc.) that would otherwise be written in a book, or stored with implied disadvantages. In addition, the information provided is available to any user (by rights).
Notes can be viewed later or can be printed on commercial documents (invoices, orders, etc.). For example, the text of a note attached to an invoice may (or may not) appear in a special area on the printed form ( KeySoft ERP ).
Additional features - Properties
There is the possibility that the information provided by an application on a particular entity (company, item, project, primary document – invoice, receipt note, etc..) is not sufficient in relation to the needs of the application user (for example, a user in the textile field is interested to include in the information stored regarding a product its color).
Most often, these additional requirements can be solved by applying the customization of the application. This involves resource and execution time on behalf of the applications provider and cost for the beneficiary.
To avoid these problems, KeySoft TMS provides a mechanism by which the user can customize the application itself, adding the categories of information to the application that he is interested in. They will be viewed by the user as additional fields that allow data entry/viewing, just like other fields of applications offered as standard.
Properties can be:
- freely editable;
- provided with lists / options for selection;
The number of additional properties that can be defined/used is unlimited.
The application allows you to filter information according to the majority of these properties, offering users a mechanism for building filter conditions using logical operators (and, or, different, equal, etc.).
Properties, as defined, are found in the database and can be used in defining the specific reports.
Desktop Notes - Sticky Notes
Stop filling the monitor screen unsing sticky papers. Stop leaving your notes at hand so as anyone can see them. Get rid of stress as one of the notes will loosen and be lost or be removed by thoroughly cleaning lady makes.
One of the most widely used methods to save small important information, or to communicate an urgent message to one person missing at the moment, is by writing on a sheet of paper the information and displaing it so that it “jump’s eye.” How many times have you found on the keyboard or pasted on the screen messages like: “Call him the boss urgently 0722 …”,” I was looking for John Smith at 2:35 p.m., “” Do not forget to call on mother …”, etc …
KeySoft TMS eliminates paper, pens and travel. In short you can “stick” to the monitor electronic messages to any user of the application. They will be “top most” (can not be covered by other windows) as long as the KeySoft application is open until the user deletes them.
You have the option to save a note for yourself or to send sticky notes to one or more users whether they have or not have the application open. For the latter, the message will appear when they open the application. Such a note may be:
- Minimized – it will reduce its size so as not to disturb the eye but will remain stuck on the screen;
- Edited and sent to the other(s) user(s);
- Saved as a task – the message on the note will be automatically saved to the task description;
KeySoft TMS includes a chat module. The discussions may take place only between application users. Why a chat mode with limited functionality compared to public applications (Yahoo Messenger, etc..)?
One answer: Security!
As an internal server, third party access is virtually nonexistent. In addition, the transfer of information over the Internet (if any) is encrypted and compressed (see section Data Security, Access rights). Features:
- Determination of rights at user level;
- Users are able to establish their availability for discussions via chat. They can choose to be invisible (can not be invited to chat) to other users;
- Discussions may take place between two or more users;
- Text conversation can be saved as a text file.
- If you purchased KeySoft DMS – Repository, the discussion can be saved directly in the Repository.
The company structure provides immediate information on organizational structure and, moreover, extends the functionality of other modules.
- Departments, subdepartments and subordinate relationships;
- Functions: a function can be found on one or more positions. Example: there may be the function “sales agent” and several positions (depending on the specialization on a certain group of goods sold);
- Position and relationship of subordination between them. The positions of each company belong to a department and are associated with functions.
Examples of implications in third modules:
- Listing the payroll per department (KeySoft HR);
- Generate general ledger accounting notes related to salaries, with associated analytical accounts ( KeySoft HR, KeySoft ERP);
- Define different access rights to the modules based on position information. Functionality extremely important given that labor migration is pronounced. When a new employee is assigned to a position, it automatically receives the appropriate rights!
- Assessment skills in relation to the employee’s position that it occupies ( KeySoft HR );
- Establishment of relations of subordination in the standard mode of work with the application. Example: a superior can “see” the daily agenda (Calendar) and Inbox (Flow) of a subordinate, but the reverse is not possible.
FAX - transmission, reception, distribution, notification
Functionalitatile incluse depind de modulul TMS detinut. The included features depend on the owned TMS module. Features are combined if you have multiple TMS modules! There is a high flexibility in terms of how to connect the application to the fax modem:
The client application can connect directly to a Fax Server within the network (in which case the latter must be properly configured so as to allow connection between client and the fax server computer ); The computer where the client application is installed fax/modem installed (in this case you will be able to send/receive faxes on this machine only); RECOMMENDED: The KeySoft application server is configured so as to communicate with the fax modem – hardware equipment connected to the TMS server machine! In this case all application users can benefit from the features of this module;
Features KeySoft CRM:
Incoming faxes are saved in the Documents area of the parent company and then managed procedurally: moved to the sender’s company or contact, attached to a planned activity (solving fax request), etc.; The software will automatically perform a search in the database (Companies and Contacts) by the fax number from which you received the fax and will save in the document description information on:
- Fax number;
- Number of pages;
- Date and time of receipt of the fax.
If the number from which the fax has been received is recognized by the application, a copy of the file will be automatically saved in the Documents tab of the company, so that all faxes received from a certain company will be found in this area; Any user to whom the rights were granted to send faxes, will be extremely easy be able to perform this operation, having the posibility to choose the recipient:
- selects Contact;
- selects Company;
- manually enters the fax number to which it wishes to send the document.
The application allows the sending of faxes in bulk to a group of contacts, by using the type promotion type project (see KeySoft CRM).
Features KeySoft DMS:
Incoming faxes will be saved in a default folder (in the Repository) and the description of the document will save information on:
- Fax number;
- Number of pages;
- Date and time of receipt of the fax.
Users with access rights may requests notification for that folder, thus, they will be notified when a new fax is received; Alternatively, faxes can be directed to domestic users (see Transmitting documents).
KeySoft ERP features are similar to the ones of KeySoft CRM.
The popularization of news within the company or to third parties (will require the KeySoft ERP – B2C module), can be easily done by using the News module.
A news is characterized by the title, start date, the order of appearance and content. A small, “teaser”-like band, will be display in the footer of the application client and will scroll news headlines written by you. The news content is only a click away.
For web posting, it is your choice regarding the display (it is the web-site’s administrator choice). News may be public (visible to all visitors) or private (visible only authenticated users).
Dynamic Queries - Report Generator
Need additional reports and you know SQL? KeySoft TMS will provide the tool:
- Grouping reports for ease of navigation;
- SQL query in the application’s database;
- Defining filters;
- Additional features like: “Go to”;
- Setting access rights to the report;
- Attaching report to the application menu.
Users are defined in the application on the basis of “username” and password. An extensive set of additional attributes will help you characterize each user:
- Fist name, Last name (used in documents and reports);
- Initials (used in the encryption engine);
- Email (sending notifications);
- Settings extended access rights: the menus, fields, or controls, features (fax, sms, etc);
- Users Groups (setting rights);
- Position in the organization chart;
- Other settings and features available depending on the modules owned.
Each user can define a set of application usage preferences:
- Language: Romanian and English;
- Available or not in Flows;
- Shortcuts for accessing menus (see shortcuts);
- How you prefer to receive notices (and/or): application, email, sms (conditional rights granted);
- Multiple other preferences can be set depending on the modules owned.
In addition, each user is able to define an ordered list of favorite menus so as to allow maximum efficiency.
KeySoft TMS allows an unlimited number of currencies.
For the most commonly used currencies, you can manage exchange rates. In addition, a manufacturer of operations is at your disposal to define different sets of exchange rates used in the current activity.
Example: Many companies use alternative exchange rates (NBR + ‘x’%) to cover possible losses caused by fluctuation of exchange rates RON – EURO or EURO – RON.
In KeySoft ERP, you can use alternative exchange rates for certain commercial documents. The application automatically makes the transition into the base currency set, considering the exchange rate specified by you
A graph of evolution will allow quick view of trends in exchange rates.
SMS - transmitting
KeySoft TMS allows sending SMS messages to contacts managed in the application, and also the sending of notifications to users in SMS format. Stop wasting opportunities by forgetting important dates!. KeySoft TMS will notify you on your mobile, wherever you are!
The solution we recommended is to attach a new SMS modem (restrictions may occur depending on the characteristics of the equipment) to the TMS application server. In this way all users will be able to receive notifications via SMS or to send SMS messages to partners. More and more, carrying out promotional campaigns via SMS has become widely used. There are dedicated applications for such services. But there are many disadvantages in using a third application:
- Incompatibility between data formats;
- Export and import data between applications;
- Data retrieval and analysis after completion of the campaign;
- Additional investment.
Using Keysoft CRM such campaigns can take place easily and without additional costs (excluding fees required by mobile provider). You have the posibility of unitary management for the entire campaign and not only the transmission of SMS!
For ease of operation and to preserve data consistency, KeySoft TMS provides a bank classifier. Upon installation, the nomenclature contains most of the banks in Romania. You can add, edit or delete the existing banks. Banks here handled will be used in several KeySoft TMS modules.
Notifications - customization
Each KeySoft TMS module includes a set of specific notifications. Examples: planned activity reminder, notification request on flows, notification when a document within a directory has been modified, etc.
A notification consists of a subject and a description. The application proposes the standard texts for notifications and allows you to customize them.
As an additional functionality, you can define the general notices. These notices will be sent every morning to all application users.
Example of use: The Orthodox Calendar. With such a notification, a marketing responsible can use KeySoft CRM – Promotions to send congratulations on the occasion of the name day.
KeySoft TMS includes a list of countries, counties and cities.
Upon installation, the lists contain all counties and most major cities in Romania. Each classification includes additional features. Example: Default country or city (easy operation) wether or not the country is a member of the European Union (ERP reports), etc.
Since a company can have multiple locations (headquarters, branches, deposits, etc..) KeySoft TMS allows grouping by address type. In this way, you will easily find the address, knowing the type of address searched.
The company and the user working hours
The work program represents an important element in some current activities. Example: A user may receive a flow request with the maximum aacepted duration = 4:00 hours. To properly analyze the effective period, we need the user’s program (schedule). If the program is daily from 09:00 to 18:00 and the request was sent at 16:00, it means that the deadline for completion is the next day at 11:00.
The application allows the company to define the program and any exceptions to it (Example: public holidays). This schedule applies to all users except those with special schedules.
There are cases when certain users have a program different from that of the company (Example: part time – 4 hours). For such cases, the application allows the user to define a user calendar. The user schedule will have priority over the company’s schedule.
Shortcuts - easy access to menus
Ease of use and efficiency are always elements in our attention.
In procesul de scolarizare si chiar ulterior in cazul in care numarul modulelor detinute, si implicit al meniurilor disponibile, creste, localizarea meniurilor necesare pentru acces la functionalitati specifice poate fi lenta. In the schooling process and even afterwords, if the number of modules owned, and thus menus, increases, the localization of menus in order to access functionalities can be slow.
This is not KeySoft TMS’s case! Each user is able to define custom commands to access the menus! Example: To access the “Sales Invoice” menu within KeySoft ERP, the user can define a command like “inv” or “SI”. When running the command, the application will automatically open the appropriate menu!
Data Export: Excel, .csv, .dbf
KeySoft TMS offers the possibility to export the list type data in three industry standard formats: .xls (Excel), .csv, .dbf.
Most of the reports and lists of data within the application permit export by a simple click.
Access to this functionality may be limited as defined by the access rights granted by the application administrator!
Upon installation, the only beneficiary of this right is the application’s administrator! Rights are granted to export the data manually, per user and per module. You can be sure that your data is not exported illegally.
Data Security, Access rights
KeySoft TMS has a strong emphasis on security!
The access to the application: based on “username” and password. There is an extensive system of rights of access for information in the application:
- Access rights to the menu;
- Access Rights to the buttons;
- Access rights to field in each module.
Depending on the module, there are sets of access rights to information:
- Granting of rights.
Sets of access rights can be allocated per:
- User group;
- Position within the company.
Some modules in KeySoft TMS (Example KeySoft CRM) allow you to define structured rights models.
Rights structure models are particularly useful for large and dynamic data on which can be defined rules of access to information. Rights are applied automatically when a new record is created (Example: a new company, a new project, etc). Thus, only the exceptions to the rules for access have to be made.
These models are defined by relative references:
- Senior creator;
- Senior responsible.
All documents are stored encrypted and compressed! Information can be accessed only through KeySoft TMS! In addition, by compressing the document, we decrease the need for storage space (hard drives).
Network traffic is also encrypted!